Friday, February 18, 2011

How eating healthy and exercise is paying off.

Okay so here is how I am doing personally with my new years goals. This is not just a temporary change. It is a lifestyle change for me. I love how I feel and I love seeing the success I have made. First let me say that my motive was not to lose weight, but to eat healthy so I could feel healthy. Yes losing a few vanity pounds will not upset me by any means. The first thing I did was made a plan. I chose the eating for life program. 6 small meals a day. In January I wrote down every single meal for the entire month. I did not eat it unless it was on the schedule. I probably need to do that again because I have slacked off of the strict meal planning for Feb. I feel writing it down made it so I didn't have to think or decide about anything. I also work out at least 5 days a week. I do a mix of cardio training as well as weight training. I have been tracking everything I eat and all the exercise I do on www.myfitnesspal.com. This is a great website to sign up on because it is very easy to track your food and it helps to succeed in your goals. Okay so my starting weight at the new year was 166. I now weigh 157. I have lost 9 pounds in 7 weeks. I am halfway and I feel great. When Erik ad I got married i was around 150 and I would love to be there again. My clothes are fitting better and I have so much more energy with this lifestyle change. I know people see me and say I don't need to lose weight. I don't think I am fat but I do know where I store my fat. I am tall and losing 10 pounds for me is probably equivalent to someone who is 5'6" losing 2 or 3 pounds. I can wear the same pants at 150 pounds as I do at 170 pounds. I guess that is an advantage of being tall. I am not writing this to brag, but to maybe give others the motivation they need to eat right and exercise to lose the weight they want to. It is a slower process, but when the pounds shed they stay gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment