Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Healthy Pancakes(this one is for the kids)

1 egg
1 C. milk (or almond milk)
1 tbs baking powder
pinch of salt
1tbs oil (I use olive)
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs whey (I use my protein powder)
1 scoop dynamic greens (optional) few an earlier post to learn more
1/2 cup pureed vegetable (sweet potatoes, carrots, squash) I have used spinach too.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour (add more for preferred thickness or more milk to thin.

Double batch for more people.

Mix all ingredients and cook in pan!

My kids love these pancakes. I buy the pure maple syrup for dipping. Yes dipping! We cut them into pieces and they dip their pancakes in the syrup. This is a well balanced meal....it has the protein, dairy, fruit, vegetable and grains. All of the food group in one meal. I figure out of syrup choices that the pure maple is a better choice then the alternative. The kids really cant get enough of these. I haven't broke it down to see what the calories are but I figure who cares if the kids eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment